HamSCI How-To Guides
Below you will find a variety of how-to guides that have been developed for various HamSCI projects.
Reverse Beacon Network (RBN)
The Reverse Beacon Network (RBN) is a network of Software Defined Radio (SDR) receivers which automatically decodes and reports spots of CW and digital signals. These guides describe how to setup multiband RBN skimmers and make recordings to a file.
- Red Pitaya Reverse Beacon Network & I/Q Recording How-To Guide
- N6TV's How-To Guide for Running a Combined CW-RTTY Red Pitaya Skimmer
- FlexRadio Reverse Beacon Network & I/Q Recording How-To Guide
- QS1R Reverse Beacon Network & I/Q Recording How-To Guide
- Getting Spotted by the RBN
Measurement, Calibration, and Calculation
- SpectrumLab Frequency Measurement Instructions (By WA9VNJ)
- S-Meter Calibration (By K9LA)
- Calculating ERP (By N0AX)
- Absolute Gain Measurement of UHF Yagi (By PE5B/M0IJQ)
Projects from Around the Internet
The following links are useful to people who want to learn about ham radio, space science, and space weather.